Frequently Asked Questions

What are the requirements for documentation?

SAILS accepts a variety of documents to indicate a diagnosis of a neurodiversity. This list could include an IEP, assessment from a psychologist/psychiatrist, and a DVR Statement of Eligibility.

Would Tier 1 or Tier 2 be a better option for me?

We recommend that incoming and first year students start with Tier 1 to support their transition into college. For second year students or students who are not likely to utilize tutoring services, Tier 2 may be a better fit.

Does financial aid cover SAILS enrollment fees?

SAILS participation is a separate fee that is in addition to the SCC tuition and fees. The program is operated by Mainstay, a supported employment organization, which is a department of the college.

SAILS services are paid for using a private pay contract or through partnerships with Vocational Rehabilitation offices. If you need financial support and are eligible for services, the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) may be able to provide funding for the SAILS enrollment. Please reach out to your local Vocational Rehabilitation office to learn more. We encourage you to contact us to discuss eligibility for DVR services or alternative sources for funding. We can HELP!

(Updated August 2022)